Guidelines & Information
- Digital imaging ethics guidelines
by Lantz CR, Douglas W, Cromey MS - Cellular Imaging Facility Core, University of Arizona
- Image manipulation: CSI - cell biology
One of the initial articles bringing up the issue of image manipulation and scientific misconduct.
- Montreal statement on research integrity
- Wikipedia on scientific misconduct
- Code of Academic Integrity and Good Practice in the Conduct of Research of the University of Basel (Decreed by the Senate of the University of Basel on 2 November 2011)
Faculty Confidants of the University of Basel (to contact in the case of Misconduct in Research)
Research Integrity Institutions
Interactive Movie on Research Misconduct
- The LAB - Avoiding Research Misconduct
In "The Lab: Avoiding Research Misconduct" you become the lead characters in an interactive movie and make decisions about integrity in research that can have long-term consequences. The simulation addresses Responsible Conduct of Research topics such as avoiding research misconduct, mentorship responsibilities, handling of data, responsible authorship, and questionable research practices.
- The Research Clinic
In "The Research Clinic" you get to become a principal investigator, a clinical research coordinator, a research assistant, and an institutional review board (IRB) chair in a hospital and make decisions that affects the outcome of the story.
Recent Examples of Research Misconduct
- Retraction Watch - daily updated blog about current cases of scientific misconduct.
- PubPeer - a forum to discuss the problems of unreproducible, misleading, misconceived or fraudulent work.
- "Famous Examples" of Research Misconduct:
Conferences on Research Integrity
- ORI forensic tools
- Forensically - online image forensics tool
- InspectJ by Holger Lorentz (Zentrum für Molekulare Biologie der Universität Heidelberg)
- Laborjournal Artikel über InspectJ