Where to find information on (image) data management
General Research Data Management (RDM) information:
- Clickable overview to all different aspects of RDM: rdmkit.elixir-europe.org
- Recommended Metadata for Biological Images: REMBI
- Registry of research data repositories: re3data.org
- The FAIR Data Principles
- Facts and figures for Open Research Data (ORD) provided by the European Comission
Image Data Management:
- Detailed overview of bioimage data and metadata connections and editing:
Kunis, Susanne, & Dohle, Julia. (2022). Structuring of Data and Metadata in Bioimaging: Concepts and technical Solutions in the Context of Linked Data. Zenodo.
- How to identify metadata standards for light microscopy?
Hammer, M., Huisman, M., Rigano, A. et al. Towards community-driven metadata standards for light microscopy: tiered specifications extending the OME model. Nat Methods 18, 1427–1440 (2021).
- On the quest to find and define standards for bioimaging:
Marx, V. Imaging standards to ease reproducibility and the everyday. Nat Methods 19, 784–788 (2022).
RDM at the University of Basel:
- RDM at the University of Basel: researchdata.unibas.ch
- RDM Cheatsheets of the University of Basel
For more information or discussions about research data management at the Biozentrum
please contact the infrastructure data stewards Michael Podvinec (Research IT) or Oliver Biehlmaier (IMCF)